Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Kaizen

We are what we write. Reading my blog, I conclude that my mind is cluttered. As much as I need a filing cabinet at home to sort out personal documents, I am also in dire need of a system to organise my transcribed thoughts.

The clutter might have been caused by binge thinking. No thanks to being highly imaginative as I tend to worry, unnecessarily, about the future impact of the past or the past impact on the future. There. It does sound complicated. I had better stick to the maxim 'Enjoy the Now'.

No binge thinking.
Enjoy the now.

At work, a new major project is gaining momentum. Papers here, there, and everywhere. The ironic to paperless, or at least, less paper government. That aside, I have neglected the simplest formula to enhance one's productivity: Kaizen concept.

Now, I shall:

seiri
sort

seiton
set in order

seiso
shine

seiketsu
standardise

shitsuke
sustain

3 comments:

  1. oooh the 5s! never had the discipline to execute them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The toughest part is to SUSTAIN ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's 6S now.

    Seiri
    Seiton
    Seiso
    Seiketsu
    Shitsuke
    Shukan ==> habit !

    ReplyDelete